Florida is well-known for strawberries, varieties of produce and citrus, but do you know low-chill peach varieties are also grown in Florida? Low-chill peach varieties requires a shorter cold period of time and can produce an abundance of sweet peaches early June.
Many Florida peach farms are now open for u-pick in the Central Florida areas. U-pick Farms allow citizens the opportunity to hand-pick their own fresh Florida-grown fruits.
Helpful U-Picks Tips
- Dress comfortable & appropriate for season
- Bring your own containers (some farms may provide containers)
- Bring plenty of water (A misting water bottle will assist in lowering body temperature)
- Wear plenty of sunscreen
- Wear a shade hat
- Wear closed-toe shoes to protect your feet from insects
Below is a list of our current “Fresh from Florida“ members that produces peaches:
- Arcadian Farms
High Springs, FL
- Diversified Citrus Marketing , Inc
Lake Hamilton, FL
- Donald Padgett, Inc & FL Sweet Brand Peaches
(863) 990-2368 or (863) 441-1257
- English Farms
Fort Odgen, FL
- Neat & Sweet Farms,LLC
- Phillips Rucks Citrus Nursery, Inc
- Premier Citrus Packers
Vero Beach, FL
Take your family for a day of fun! Let them know Fresh from Florida sent you.