Florida Ag Recap, Wk of Oct. 12 – 16
October 16, 2009
Here is the latest news, info and updates from this week via our Twitter page (@freshfromfl)
- Fernandina Farmers Market placed 2nd in “Love Your Farmers Market” contest.
- Registration is open for the Great Southern Tree Conference, Dec 3-4 in Gainesville, FL. (via @FNGLA)
- Florida seafood available this week: Red grouper, scamp, amberjack, flounder, king mackerel, spiny lobster, red snapper and oysters.
- Orchard Island Juice went global at PMA this year.
- Florida Agricultural Hall Of Fame To Induct Four In 2010
- Learn all about Florida zucchini.
- Find Florida oranges in an unlikely place (vodka!)
- Do you know how to read food nutrition labels? Fruit & Veggies-More Matters wants to help.
- Florida stone crab claw season opened October 15th.
- Florida Dept of Education celebrated National School Lunch with a basketball themed campaign.
- Michelle Obama urges Americans to lead healthier, more active lives by making little changes.
- October 14th was National Dessert Day, here is a great recipe to try.
- Canning foods at home makes a comeback.
- Check out this month’s classified ads in the Florida Market Bulletin.
- Battling the vending machine: How to eat right at work.
- From swamp to sandwich: Florida alligator sliced and diced.
- Busy weekend with seafood festivals! Check them out: Boggy Bayou Mullet Fest in Niceville; FL Cracker Oyster Fest in Orlando; Annual Seafood Fest in Cedar Key