Florida Ag Recap, Week of Nov. 30 – Dec. 4
December 4, 2009
Here’s a recap of all things Florida ag related from our Twitter page (@freshfromFL).
- Great tips for choosing & caring for your Christmas tree.
- Florida Department of Citrus & Florida State Fair are looking for original recipes that showcase fresh citrus.
- Holidays, history, music & more! Lots of events are happening Florida State Parks statewide this weekend (via@FLStateParks)
- Check out the classified ads for this month on the Florida Market Bulletin.
- Florida-grown produce is perfect for winter salads! Check out this article & recipe written by our own Chef Justin. (via @floridamonthly)
- Dairy Council of Florida’s recent interview on the “Raise Your Hand for Chocolate Milk” campaign (via @FloridaMilk)
- Treasured gardening book revised & re-published.
- Reminder: All ballots for the citrus research order referendum must be returned to the Florida Department of Ag no later than 12/9.
- Florida seafood available this wk: Black & red grouper, amberjack, oysters, triggerfish, red snapper, swordfish, mako shark & yellowfin tuna.
- Citrus industry still profitable in Florida.
- Hastings farmer gets state award.
- Cowboys crack the whip for Tampa cattle drive.
- TPIE is around the corner – Register today at tpie.org! (via @FNGLA)
- Florida Commissioner’s Spotlight: 2009 Farm to Fuel Summit.