2011 Food Trends
One of my favorite parts of a new year beginning are all of the food trend predictions that come out. From healthy to off-the-wall, here’s a recap of some of the ones that stood out the most to me.
- Veggies, veggies and more veggies. It’s all I am seeing. The Wall Street Journal wrote a great piece on how 2011 will become the year of the vegetable.
- Cupcakes are sooo 2010. Pies are the latest craze, according to Restaurant Hospitality. I’ve actually seen this trend across many of the articles I’ve read. Looks like I need to talk to Chef Justin and get him to write some recipes for some pies.
- The first off the wall trend I’ve seen is one that hay, yes HAY, will be used to give a grassy flavor to food.
- The Food Channel had a couple trends I found to be interesting including the return of canning and chefs in schools. We’re already ahead of the curve with chefs in schools.
- Good Housekeeping had a few good trend predictions and the one that stood out the most to me was “Haute Couture Hot Dogs”. I guess I should unfreeze that package of hotdogs in my freezer and get a little creative.
What food trends are you looking forward to the most?