7 Unique Ways to Eat a Florida Avocado
January 19, 2011
Florida avocados are in season – and they’re healthier than their west coast counterpart. That being said I thought I’d show you 7 unique ways to eat avocados, other than in guacamole.
- On a sandwich. Try this delicious Chef Justin original sandwich.
Crispy Peppered Bacon and Avocado Sandwiches
- As a salad. But not a leafy salad…
Avocado and Egg Salad (go all the way to the end)
- In a drink. Personally, I’m scared of this smoothie (it’s the one in the picture).
- For dessert. I’ve never thought about having any type of avocado cookie but here’s one that I might actually try.
Avocado Cream Cheese Cookies
- As a condiment on a burger. This one isn’t as original as some of the others on this list but still good…
Bacon and Swiss Burgers with Tomato and Avocado
- Fried. I think anything fried is good. This might actually be worth trying.
Fried Avocado Slices with Spicy Lime Crema
- In a pie. I’m unsure about this one, I think I’d try it in a cookie but as an entire pie?
Do you have any favorite ways to eat them?