Fresh from Florida Day of Giveaways Rules
1. DESCRIPTION: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Fresh from Florida Day of Giveaways (“Giveaway”) begins at 8:00 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time; “EST”) on December 10, 2009 and ends at 5:00 p.m. (EST) on December 10, 2009 (“Giveaway Period”). The Sponsor of this Giveaway is the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and (“Sponsor”). The administrator of this Giveaway is the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. (“Giveaway Administrator”; collectively with the Sponsor sometimes hereinafter called the “Giveaway Entities”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaway is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington, D.C. who have a Twitter (http://www.twitter.com) account at time of entry. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors and interns) who currently hold employment with Sponsor are not eligible to enter or win. Immediate family and household members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. Void where prohibited.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, you must issue a status update from your Twitter account in response to an official Giveaway question from the Fresh from Florida twitter account (http://www.twitter.com/freshfromFL). The status update must correctly answer the Giveaway question posed by the Fresh from Florida twitter account. An official entry will only be counted if the Twitter service displays the entry from their public search stream (http://search.twitter.com/) in which the contestant includes @freshfromFL in their status update. Sponsor is not responsible for entries undelivered to the public search stream. Limit one entry per person, per official Giveaway question. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Each entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the e-mail address identified in the entrant’s entry as of the time of entry. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with the Giveaway, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” means the natural person who is in control of the email address associated with the entering Twitter account. Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win. All information provided by entrants becomes the property of Sponsor.
4. PRIZES: Ten (10) prizes in total will be issued during the Giveaway, including three (3) vouchers for Christmas trees from Havana Christmas Tree Farm. Any costs or expenses incurred by winner in claiming or using his/her prize from Havana Christmas Tree Farm will be the responsibility of winner. Each voucher for Havana Christmas Tree Farm is for $40 to be applied to the purchase of a Christmas tree. No cash or prize substitution is allowed except at the discretion of Sponsor. Limit one prize per person. All prizes other than vouchers for Christmas trees from Havana Christmas Tree Farm will be sent to winners via UPS. Shipping will be paid by the Sponsor. Vouchers for Christmas trees will be sent via electronic mail and must be printed and presented to Havana Christmas Tree Farm upon redemption of prize.
5. WINNER SELECTION, ENTRY PERIOD AND NOTIFICATION: The Fresh from Florida twitter account (http://www.twitter.com/FreshfromFL) will submit status updates throughout the day on December 10 with official Giveaway questions. The first twitter user to respond with a status update that has the correct answer and contains the text “@FreshfromFL” will be declared the winner for each official Giveaway question. Contestants may provide answers to each official Giveaway question, but may only win once. All prize winners will be notified directly via a direct message from the Sponsor’s Twitter account (@FreshfromFL) and posted on https://freshfromflorida.wordpress.com within seven (7) days following selection. Selected winners will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within seven (7) days of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification or the return of a prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification from the Giveaway and forfeiture of the prize.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: This Giveaway is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of the Giveaway Entities, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Giveaway and/or by accepting any prize that they may win, entrants agree to release the Giveaway Entitles; their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, units and divisions and advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies and individuals’ respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Giveaway and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Giveaway, including without limitation property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy. Entrants authorize the Released Parties to use their name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, worldwide in perpetuity, or on a winner’s list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. If any portion or provision of these official rules is determined to be invalid or illegal, the remaining portions or provisions of these official rules will remain in effect and be construed with their terms as if the invalid or illegal portions or provision were not contained herein.
9. SPONSOR: Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Marketing and Development, 407 S. Calhoun Street, Tallahassee, Florida 32399
10. ADMINISTRATOR: Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Marketing and Development, 407 S. Calhoun Street, Tallahassee, Florida 32399