Tailgate Recipe: Florida Salsa
Submitted by: Martha W.
- 2 large, vine ripe Florida tomatoes, chopped (you can leave seeds and pulp in if you like a juicier salsa)
- 1 large, ripened Florida avacado, chopped to the same size as tomatoes
- 1 medium to large Florida red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon or lime to taste
- one pound of your favorite Florida saltwater fish, grilled with your favorite seasonings, then pulled apart in small pieces
- Bag of your favorite tortilla chips or a chewy loaf of bread, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces, drizzled with olive oil and toasted on the grill
Add the first 7 ingredients into a mixing bowl and toss lightly, can be served as is or refrigerated.
For best results, let the salsa set at least 20 minutes before serving so the flavors can comingle! Serve with tortilla chips or aside the grilled bread slices.